Thursday 25 June 2015

Drakensberg trip 2015

Just before 1st semester exams ended, my parents and I went for a trip up to the Drakensberg. The Drakensberg is about a 3 hour drive away from where I live. We went up on the Saturday and came back home on the Thursday.

On the trip up, we stopped and did a Geocache at Afriston Train Station (for those of you who do not know what Geocaching is, please read about it here.).


Afriston
Railway line at Alfriston 

Alfriston Station
Alfriston Station

We had planned to have lunch when we reached our timeshare, however our stomachs started growling so we unanimously decided to stop at Underberg for lunch! We had a lovely lunch at Lemon Tree Bistro. The Bistro had such a quaint and relaxing atmosphere- though, the delish sangria may have caused that! I had the Harissa pasta, it was splendid.



Underberg


Underberg
Lemon Tree Bistro
Underberg


Underberg
Inside the Lemon Tree Bistro
Pasta Harissa
Pasta Harissa
Pasta Larissa
Pasta Gamberi

We stayed at Riverbend (which are self-catering chalets) within the Drakensberg Gardens Resort. It was so nice just to relax (even though I did study two of the days that we were there) and spend time with my parents. It's weird, many people my age would find it boring and weird to go on holiday alone with their parents, I however thoroughly enjoyed it! My parents and I get on so well, I am very grateful for that! They are a huge support in my life.


Riverbend
View from Riverbend Chalets

Riverbend
Drakensberg Moutains with sprinkles snow

I will post a few other bits and pieces from out little trip tomorrow! Sorry that I have been away for awhile- thankfully exams are over so I will have more time to blog :D

No comments:

Post a Comment