Tuesday 18 August 2015

Life plan- what is that even?

It's terrible. I haven't blogged in nearly a month! I can't believe that it has been so long.

Life in general has been going great. I've been up to my eyeballs in uni work (specifically clinic), family commitments and then when I do have time to blog, I can't think of anything interesting to write about.

I pressurize myself by wanting my blog posts to be inspiring or just generally "good". The fact is that this blog should be about ME. I shouldn't be writing this blog to please everyone else, I started this blog for me- so that's what it should be about! It's my "creative" and thought outlet. So here it goes! 

I spent most of my time today thinking about my future. It seems that those around me have their life "plan" set out. They want to finish their degree, explore, get married, have 'that many' children and live happily ever after. 

And then there is me. I want to finish my degree, and blank. It's so strange for me. I have the tendency to plan to the nth degree, but I don't know what I want to achieve in life. Career-wise I'm pretty set out, I know that I want to do my Community Service year either on the South Coast or in Maritzburg and then I want to work for the government, either at a special needs school or in a clinic. 

I don't even know if I want children. I know that I'd like to adopt if I do end up wanting children. 

I feel like I'm having a "post-teen" crisis! I'm trying not to stress about it, I know logically that what is meant to be, will happen. But today I got a bit bogged down by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment