Friday 24 July 2015

New semester!

Second semester of second year began with a bang! I have my first speech clinic this semester. I'm so excited, but it can get overwhelming and stressful.

I had my first clinic session yesterday. I can already see how rewarding it is going to be! My three clients are absolutely adorable and my co-clinicians are reliable and as motivated as I am! I have to admit though, having three one hour sessions is unbelievably draining (I'm still feeling the effects today!!!)

As clinic ended I was walking down the corridor and was greeted by this beautiful sunset:


It was such a calming moment for me, the whole of Wednesday and yesterday I was doubting my abilities and just generally over-thinking, stressing and freaking out. But in the end, I had what it took, meeting clients and the running of the first session went really well. All I need to do is take one step at a time and keep looking forward :) 



2 comments:

  1. Good luck for your semester! Stay positive :) I'm doing my first year and first semester so thats fun too.. haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope yours goes well! That's so exciting, I'm sure that you will do great!

      Delete