Sunday 12 July 2015

Thanks Family!

So as you all have probably realised, I love and adore my family. But sometimes, I really just want to gently nudge them off a cliff. A specific incident where I wanted to do some gentle nudging strongly comes to mind! 

Yesterday, most of the family helped my great aunt move into a new flat - that did cause a few homicidal thoughts to spring to life, but mostly it just gave me inspiration to complete my degree as I washed kitchenware for 5 hours straight (NEVER AGAIN WILL I EVER WASH KITCHENWARE FOR FIVE HOURS!!!). After 5 hours of  torture "family bonding", Pops decided to take us for lunch at the local pub. I was delighted. Shame, how innocent I once was!

So we arrived at the local, one happy little family! A cute waiter cheerfully seats us at our table and brings us our menus and drinks. This is where I made the fatal mistake of mentioning to the table that the waiter was a sweet and handsome fella. Idiot and clearly an amateur mistake. I blame drinking on an empty stomach. When the poor unsuspecting chap arrives at our table again, my grandpa's loony girlfriend asks if he's single- he replies no -hearts all around the table break-. THEN she shows her dismay and proceeds to tell him that she wanted him to give ME his number if he was eligible. Thanks Astrid! 

http://giphy.com/gifs/awkward-icarly-nickelodeon-GA89JfpXiTrwc

My mom  (To think that I once trusted you Mother!!)  just took the situation from embarrassing to excruciating! She tells him WHY they wanted to hitch me up! She told him how I had just experienced a devastating heartbreak and that my ex was moving out of the flat on our property that day.

http://giphy.com/gifs/awkward-chloe-moretz-kWHR3f23hTzz2

I wanted to dig a hole and hide. Shame, the guy took it really well. I think he saw how ambushed and beet red I was.

Thanks my FamDam! Expect coal for Christmas! And watch your backs...

1 comment:

  1. Well I thought it was a fun little interlude .....bwahahahahah!

    ReplyDelete